International Dance Festival Birmingham (IDFB) is produced by The DanceXchange Ltd (DanceXchange), in partnership with Birmingham Hippodrome and a number of other venues (IDFB Partner Venues) where IDFB performances and events take place.
By registering for and using the IDFB App, you consent to DanceXchange making your record available to the IDFB Partner Venue(s) for which you purchased tickets using the IDFB App.
The Information We Collect
On signup you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (such as your name, address, email address etc) in order to use our services.
From time to time you will be asked to provide quantitative and qualitative information about the services you access (e.g. dance performances and events). We may use this information in its full or anonymised form in any way without restriction.
When processing transactions we will require your credit or debit card details. These will be securely stored by our third party to enable a more efficient checkout process on repeat transaction.
We also automatically collect certain information when you use the IDFB App, a device identifier, MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on the IDFB App.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
How will we use your information?
We will use the information you provide to enable you to access events or services which are relevant to you. We try to ensure that the information we hold is accurate and up to date. If you know of any changes or believe there may be possible discrepancies, please update us.
By providing the details requested, you grant DanceXchange unreserved rights to use the information we hold about you to inform the service we provide. These include, but aren’t limited to:-
● providing our services
● processing and completing any transactions
● responding to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and providing customer service
● monitoring and analysing usage and trends, and to personalise and improve the IDFB App e.g. providing content or features that match your profile or interests, and to increase the user friendliness of our services
● sending you notifications, confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
● showing you geocode data about the proximity of venues that events take place at
● enabling any other application of the data for which the information was collected
● making our services better
Your data will be shared with the IDFB Partner Venues for which you purchased tickets using the IDFB App. This is so that they can be in contact directly with you about their activities; and so that they can improve their business knowledge of their bookers and supporters through data analysis. IDFB Partner Venues use the information we give them as described in their own privacy policies.
We also use information for marketing purposes, for example, so we can tell you about other IDFB events that might interest you. By providing us with your email or postal address you are consenting that you are willing to receive future mailings (electronic or otherwise) from DanceXchange and from the IDFB Partner Venue(s) for which you purchased tickets using the IDFB App. You will always have an option to unsubscribe from DanceXchange marketing emails, and the marketing emails of IDFB Partner Venues, via a link on the email or by phone to the relevant DanceXchange or IDFB Partner Venue Box Office.
What Information is shared with Third Parties?
The personal information that you provide will not be passed on to organisations outside DanceXchange and IDFB Partner Venues unless:-
● we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it
● our service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of IDFB App require it to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes
● we aggregate and anonymise the information first (for research, analysis, profiling or similar)
● you give us your consent to do so
● the disclose is in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
DanceXchange and IDFB Partner Venues may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external partners (e.g. arts organisations) about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) will not be transferred to the third party.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
DanceXchange and IDFB Partner Venues will act in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and related privacy legislation at all times.